כמידי שנה פרסם מדריך הדירוג הבינלאומי (GCR) את הדירוג השנתי שלו – במסגרת המהדורה ה – 20 במספר – לגבי של משרדי עורכי הדין המובילים מסביב לעולם בתחום ההגבלים העסקיים.
לאחר ניתוח הנתונים הם מציגים את הדירוג המחולק לשלוש קטגוריות:
(Highly Recommended, Elite, Recommended) גם השנה לא נרשמו שינויים כלשהם למעט יציאתו של משרד יגאל ארנון מקבוצת הדירוג השלישית.
להלן דירוג GCR 100 עבור שנת 2019 – לצד טקסט ספציפי לכל אחד מהמשרדים:
First Ranking Level: “Elite” Category
- AGMON & CO ROSENBERG HACOHEN & CO: Mattan Meridor heads the competition practice, jointly with partners Zvi Agmon and Uri Porat. The firm represented Cellcom and Israel Infrastructure Fund in antitrust matters. It is also representing a large technology company in two class actions related to alleged Cathode Ray Tubes and Optical Disk Drives cartels.
- FISCHER BEHAR WELL ORION & CO: The firm is made up of 5 partners and 11 associates. Tal Eyal-Boger leads the competition practice. The firm represents Volvo, Renault, Whirpool and Bank of Scotland in class actions. In merger control, the firm represents Google and technology conglomerate Danaher.
- TADMOR & CO. YUVAL LEVY & CO: David Tamor and Shai Bakal are co-heading the competition practice. The firm represents Daimler and Max It Finance against class actions. As for merger control, the firm represents IBM, FedEx and El Al.
- YIGAL ARNON & CO: In January 2019, Weinstock Zecler & Co. merged into Yigal Arnon & Co. Niv Zecler and Ronit Amir-Yaniv lead the competition practice, jointly with 3 other partners and 7 associates. The firm acted for Nvidia in its acquisition of Mellanox Technologies, which is, according to the guide, the second biggest deal in Israeli history.
Second Ranking Level: “Highly Recommended” Category
- M FIRON & CO: It’s one of Israel big-five law firms. Competition team is co-headed by partners Mazor Matzkevich and Eytan Epstein. The guide highlights its activity in representing Toshiba in 3 class actions. The firm also represented Mastercard on its acquisition of 10% of Bank Hapoalim subsidiary Shva.
- MEITAR LIQUORNIK GEVA LESHEM TAL: The firm is one of the leading international law firms in Israel. Niva Barg-Livnat, supported by 9 associates, leads the competition team. The firm represented Union Bank of Israel in its proposed acquisition by Mizrahi Tefahot Bank. The firm is also representing MAN against a claim related to the European Comission’s Trucks cartel decision.
- S HOROWITZ & CO: Hagai Doron, jointly with partners Gitit Levin Grinberg and Uriel Prinz, as well as 4 associates, lead competition practice. The firm has represented Teva Medical in several merger fillings. It is also representing British Airways against a claim related to its alleged cargo surcharges price-fixing.
Third Rating Level: “Recommended” Category
- ESHEL ASHLAGI ROZENT LAW OFFICES: Gal Rozent leads the competition team. The firm represents the Israel Electric Corporation (IEC) in relation to the gas insulated switchgear cartel member.
- HERZOG FOX AND NEEMAN: Tayla Solomon leads the competition practice. The firm represents The Walt Disney Company and 21st Century Fox in the companies’ global merger. It also represents the Egg and Poultry Board in a class action related to a chicken meat cartel.
- LAPIDOT MELCHIOR ABRAMOVICH & CO: Ziv Abramovich is the sole partner of the firm’s competition practice. It is counsel to Vetmarket Tarde in a class action against the company and three other pet food importers regarding alleged abuse of dominance, restrictive arrangements and excessive practice.